Camper Packing List
Here is a list of some of the essential items Campers should bring with them to camp:
- Plastic or metal pint water bottle with camper’s name on it
- Warm sleeping bag, pillow, flashlight
- Jacket, sweater, sweatshirt
- Jeans, pants, shorts
- Warm shirts, t-shirts
- Underwear and many socks
- Sunscreen, Chap Stick, Mosquito repellent
- Tennis shoes, hiking boots, comfortable shoes: NO OPEN TOE SHOES ALLOWED!
- Pencils, pens, notepad, Music Supplies
- Pajamas or other sleeping clothes, slippers and robe (if desired)
- Plastic bag for taking home dirty clothes
- NO ELECTRONICS OR CELL PHONES ALLOWED AT DMMC!
- Toiletries: soap, toothbrush, deodorant, feminine items, etc. (Please Note: any items left in the shower or bathroom during camp will be thrown away- this is a county health and safety rule. We do have hotel size soaps, shampoos and conditioners for campers whose items are thrown away- just ask your counselor).
- Towels and washcloths
- Camera (if desired)
- Small Towel (hand towel) to sit on to cover metal chair if it is hot.
- Spending money for the camp store (if desired)
- Extra reeds- limited saxophone and clarinet reeds are available for purchase
- Brass players are to bring mutes
- Concert clothes- please bring semi-formal attire (boys: shirt and tie / girls: dress or skirt) to wear at the concert. It does not have to be a suit or formal dress, but please aim to look nice for your parents. High heel shoes should be avoided due to the rocky terrain. An up-stairs area will be provided to hang concert clothes.
- Costume- One evening during the week is a costume/silly clothes night. Please make sure your costumes are tasteful and appropriate. Join in the fun and bring creative outfits.
- Identify your belongings with your full name or initials. Donner Mine Music Camp is not responsible for lost items and there is NO LOST AND FOUND.
All campers must print, complete and attach a luggage tag to all bags, suitcases, etc. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PUT A LUGGAGE TAG ON YOUR INSTRUMENT CASE. We will be checking for these tags at check in, so make sure to print them and put them on your bags BEFORE you arrive at camp. Luggage tags will help identify camper's belongings and assist in our NEW check out process. Click on the file below to print your luggage tag(s).
***If you are having issues with the first luggage tag file, please try using the PDF version.